"Is food controlling your life?" If you can answer yes to this question read on for more information on the support we can offer you.
First Steps is Derbyshire’s only eating disorder charity. We support those affected by eating difficulties and disorders - this includes parents, partners and families - via support groups, telephone support, 1:1 support, dramatherapy and complementary therapies. Our support groups are non judgemental, welcoming and there is no pressure to participate.
We also raise awareness in schools and in the community and offer tailored training packages to healthcare professionals and organisations.
BACP CPD Endorsed Training for Professionals
Do you know how to support your clients or colleagues if they are directly or indirectly affected by an eating disorder?
- Understanding the different types of eating disorders and related issues.
- Understanding the causes of eating disorders.
- Be able to recognise signs and symptoms.
- Know when, how and where to signpost clients for further support.
- Reflect on how this knowledge will affect you counselling practice.
Confirmed Dates (2013-14): 22nd February 2014, 26th April 2014 and 28th June 2014
Unique School Workshops
Self-esteem and Body Image training for both Primary and Secondary school pupils.
By participating in this training, First Steps will ensure that your pupils are able to understand:
• What is meant by self-esteem and body image
• How they may be affected by the media
• How to develop skills for a positive self-esteem and body image
This course can be delivered at a time and date convenient to your school.
Our training courses are delivered by our team of expert trainers specialising in eating disorders, self-esteem and body image.